Pages

Bringing Calm To Your Crazy World......do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
—Philippians 4:6-7

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

ALL ABOARD.......to the Hogwarts Express

My son loves Harry Potter so it was very fitting to have a Harry Potter birthday party for him.  I had so much fun coming up with ideas and using some found on the intranet and pinterest.


These are the invitations that we sent out via owl delivery :)
This idea came from pinterest.




I drew my owl on the balloon with a sharpie marker.
Instant Hedwig!








Next it was on to baking the Hogwart's cookies.  I tried a different sugar cookie recipe that actually uses a sugar cookie mix with other ingredients.  
The taste was wonderful!



These are the one's my son decorated.  He loves to help.



We had brooms, sorting hats, cauldron potion pots and of course.....owls.

When the party was over, I noticed a container sitting in the corner of the kitchen.  Yep, it was the cookies that took me two days to complete.  Never made a debut at the party.  Oh well, guess my coworkers get to enjoy cookies!



We had to have a Honeydukes sweet shop station filled with different kinds of candies.



There were Bert's jelly beans, lemon heads, "acid" sour balls, gum balls, spiral suckers and roach droppings.........raisinets.

The cupcakes were sorting hats, snakes, golden snitches and lightening bolts.





This was my attempt on making Hedwig.  He didn't turn out quite like I had pictured in my mind, but the birthday boy thought it was great so that's all that mattered to me :)

complete with Harry's wand and scarf











I made spell books for every child to take home.





What's a Harry Potter party without lots of potions??






I made swamp water juice for all the kids, but only one was brave enough to try it and it wasn't my kid.
I thought it was VERY yummy!  
I got the idea here.

I had a friend who's family owns a deli to save all the empty snapple bottles.  I removed all the labels and ran through the dishwasher several times and viola.....instant cute bottles.


The chocolate covered wands were a HUGE hit!





















All kids were told in the invitations to meet at the Hogwart's Express Station for departure.
I made the brick wall and sign to hang on the door.










The favor buckets came from Dollar Tree and we added the Hogwart's logo to them.  They all had "witches brooms" filled with green chocolate covered popcorn in them, Harry Potter legos, disappearing ink, some spider rings and Harry Potter glasses.







More to come........




linking up to:
http://www.homestoriesatoz.com/

9 comments:

  1. I can't imagine anything that would be more of a hit with my kiddos! This is really fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Laurel! Hope you drop by again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this party. I love Harry Potter and you did such a great job pulling it all together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG.....this is SOOOO AWESOME!!!! One reason I can't wait to have kids! I love Harry Potter and have so many ideas for theme parties. You did an amazing job. I love everything. The invitations and train station are bookmarked. Great ideas. Check out my Harry potter post if you have time. :) I dressed up for the last movie release with homemade robe,wand, and time turner. I also sent my nieces wands w/acceptance letters. Ah! I'm a dork but I could talk about Harry Potter all day long. lol :)

    http://myserendipityhome.blogspot.com/2012/01/looking-back-harry-potter.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday - you were featured today!!
    - Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you come and do my birthday party! It looks wonderful. New follower

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sugar Bee Crafts--Thank you so much for the feature today Mandy! It made my day!!
    Karla--Your kids will be lucky to have a mom like you to go through all the trouble! I loved the robes you made!
    Nancy--Thank you so much for following me!!!
    Laura--Thank you for stopping by to make a comment! So nice of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! You have such a great blog! I'm now following you from Welcome Wednesday. Feel free to follow back at www.dandygiveaway.com. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the idea. My daughter is turning 18 she's going to kick it up a couple notches but would have never even had the thought without running across these ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...